Monday, January 25, 2010

Climb Every Mountain





Hi Friends and Family!

Yes, I've done it, I've started a blog. To be honest, I never thought this day would come. So, let's take a moment to tell you a little about myself, then another moment, to tell you a little about this blog.

I was born, Casey Morgan Wetz on March 22, 1982 to Coni and Ched Wetz and brother, Colin Wetz. I grew up in Muskogee, Oklahoma (yes, a true Okie from Muskogee) and had a wonderful childhood, full of imagination, encouragement, triumphs, defeats, love and tragedy. I was always active in musicals in the community theatre and in school. I held leadership positions, made good grades, and even better friends (don't worry friends, you'll get shout outs throughout this journey).

I left Muskogee, stars in my eyes, and headed south to conquer "Big D", first stop, Southern Methodist University. I didn't want to go at first. I told my parents they were "ruining my life." I'd say I had just a tad bit of growing up to do. Grow up I did. I met incredible friends, from classes (shout out CCPA and English), dorms (Virginia-Snider & Cockerell-McIntosh), Tri Delta, Wesley Foundation, Mustang Corral, London Study Abroad, etc. It was an incredible time of my life that I wouldn't trade for anything. Muskogee may have made me who I am, but my experiences while at SMU molded me to who I am today.

Inarguably the most the most profound moment at SMU was when I met Jordan Thompson. He was the "hot" RA in Cockerell-McIntosh where my friend and I lived. We flirted...a lot. I reported multiple complaints about neighbors and locked myself out of my room just to see him. I had no interest at the time in "settling down." I was going full-steam ahead and anyone trying to slow me down was quickly cast aside. What was it about him that made me pull the emergency brake? But pull it I did. We were married in my DREAM wedding at Grayton Beach, Florida on October 25, 2008. I wake up every day next to the man of my dreams and I feel so lucky to be called his wife.

Ok, enough sappy writing. After graduating SMU, I ventured into the unknown world of...dun, dun, DUUUN...working. After a brief stint at a small agency (terrible experience, ask if you want details), I interviewed at the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas. After an "interesting" (to say the least) interview, I called my mother and said, "well that was either the best or the worst interview I've ever had, we'll just have to see." A few weeks later I started my job there as the Public Relations Coordinator. I made wonderful friends and relationships at the Foundation and after a little over three years, it was time for a new adventure. I started working for Red Bull in February 2009. It has been the fastest year of my life. With a new adventure every day, it keeps me on my toes and I feel like I'm learning A LOT. It is the perfect time in my life to be a part of a brand like this. I feel truly blessed to have had two incredible opportunities in my career, it's been quite a ride.

Now, about the blog. While at the Make-A-Wish Foundation, I met someone who became very dear to me, Charisse Brown-Stein. She was who I directly reported to at the Foundation and we ended up becoming great friends (like I had a choice). Right before her 29th birthday she announced she planned to do 30 things by the time she was 30. Here were the rules: it had to be something she'd never done before and she had to do each task with a friend. I liked this.

Now, a few weeks before my 28th birthday, I'm thinking about all the accomplishments in my life. What I've done, what I haven't done. I've decided to follow Charisse's lead and start my own 30 by 30 list. So off we go. To Climb Every Mountain until I find my dream! :)

(Full list coming soon)

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You are plugged into my Google Reader and I'm ready to watch you go! If you need a bud on an adventure or two, let me know :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the full list! Sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete